10 Nigeria Song Titles With Unknown Meaning, Yet They Are Popular
Below is a list of popular Nigerian song titles with unknown meaning and yet, we groove to them, feeling the rhythmic vibes and well composed lyrics.
Here are 10 Nigerian songs gathered by NET, with unknown meaning:
1. Eminado: Ok! The song was released in 2013 by Mavin crew boss Don Jazzy and Tiwa Savage. It was indeed a hit song as both the old and young had it on their lips. However, the general public are yet to decipher the true meaning of the word ‘Eminado’ even when the Mavin crew boss revealed that it means ‘goodluck charm’.
2. Dorobucci: What is Doro? That was the biggest question on the lips of Nigerian music lovers as they enjoyed Mavin Records’s infectious single, Dorobucci. Catchy vibes with sing along verses, Dorobucci was perhaps the most popular song on the streets in 2014. Who cares about the title though!
3. Limpopo: Revealed as a province up north in SA but i don’t think Kcee meant this place in his life-time hit song when he said ‘Oya Limpopo!’ Well it still rocks!
4. Tongolo: 10years has passed and we are still waiting on the Koko master, D’Banj to tell us what he meant by Tongolo, his hit song of 2004.
5. Lamba: Lamba this, Lamba that…this dude is simply a scam. He came with the first offering which we all grooved to but he failed to tell us what Lamba meant. He returned again with Star Boy, Wizkid and not even their combination was enough for us to finally grasp what Lamba means. And just before we could hold him liable for these offences he metamorphosed into Kym O exempting himself of all liabilities of Hakym The Dream.
6. Shakiti bobo: Apart from the line he mentioned buying a Bentley and Ferrari, which actually got a brother drooling, Olamide’s Shakitibobo is another scam that should be investigated. Young John the Wicked Producer simply mesmerized us with that killer tune, which we are yet to recover from.
7. Shoki: Whatever Lil Kesh meant with this song is only understood by him and maybe his label boss, Olamide or Davido can help us out since they were featured on the remix.
8. Efrebor: If Efrebor has nothing to do with getting injured (wound) as severally shouted on the song. DJ Stramborella should simply be charged to court. But then where can we find him?
9. Malonogege: Whatever Timaya and Terry G meant with this title remains a mystery but then it remains a jam anyway and did you see that G Wagon painted into a taxi?
10. Janta Manta: Like they did on Dorobucci, the Mavin crew recently returned with another song with an odd title. However, India has 4 monumental structures named Jantar Mantar.