10 Quick Facts You Need To Know About Reekado Banks
Below is 10 quick facts you need to know about the young star.
1. Reekado’s real name is Ayoleyi Hananiel Solomon and popularly known for his songs Katapot, Sugar baby.
2. He was born on December 6, 1993 in Lagos.
3. His father is a pastor and he is the last born out of six children.
4. He went by the stage name Spicy prior to his record deal with Mavin
5. He completed his secondary school at the age of 14, and started recording his first set of songs in 2008 with his elder brother, Temi.
6. He got hooked with Mavin Records after his brother submitted some of his songs to the label in an online talent search.
7. His stage name Reekado Banks was inspired by the Spanish name ‘Ricardo’ which means ‘Ruler of Kings’ while the ‘Banks’ according to the singer ‘literally means that I’m rich in musical content’.
8. He was unveiled as a Mavin act in February 2014 alongside Korede Bello and Di’ja.
9. He graduated in 2014 from the University of Lagos at the age of 21.
10. He graduated with a degree in History and Strategic Studies.