10 Things Every Fan Should Know About Talented Veteran Kanayo O Kanayo
Kanayo O Kanayo is a Nollywood veteran popular for his roles in movies like “Lost Kingdom,” ” Living in Bondage,” “October 1,” “Apaye” among others.
Today, March 1 is the actor’s birthday, and to celebrate the veteran, we are sharing 10 things every true fan should know about him.
Here we go;
1. Born Anayo Modestus Onyekwere on March 1, 1962, the actor is a native of Mbaise in Imo State, Nigeria.
2. Popularly called Kanayo O Kanayo, the actor holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Philosophy, and Masters Degree in Political Science from University of Lagos.
3. The actor started from television in 1980. He was a part of ‘The New Masquerade’ where he played various roles.
4. The actor made debut film appearance in “Living in Bondage’ as Chief Omego, a role which earned him a cash pay of N1,500.
5. If he were not an actor, he would be a lawyer. “A mouth and eye for those who murmur and voice for those who are voiceless,” he said in an interview with Modern Ghana.
6. The actor is married to Nneka Onyekwere and they have four children together.
7. In 2013, he received a political appointment from former President Goodluck Jonathan as a board member of the National Institute for Hospitality and Tourism Studies.
8. He plays tennis to keep fit.
9. His other works you probably can’t remember include ‘Village Headmaster’, ‘Television Play House’, ‘At Your Service’, ‘Checkmate,” ‘Ripples’ among others.
10. In 2011, the actor contested to represent the people of Ahiazu/Ezinihitte Mbaise Federal Constituency at the House of Representatives in 2011.