Hunger is one of the world’s biggest issues which is why we must support the United Nation’s mission to look for ways to combat world hunger and break the jinx of rural poverty.
For World Food Day this year, we have gathered food facts you most likely were unaware of.
- Chicken contains 266% more fat than it did 40 years ago
- On August 10, 2015, NASA astronauts ate food that had been grown in space for the future
- There is a food substitute intended to supply all daily nutritional needs known as Soylent
- Dynamite is made with peanuts
- Almost half of the world’s food is thrown away every year
- Honey is the only food that will never rot. It can last 3000 years!
- There are 7,500 varieties of apples grown throughout the world and if you try one each day, it would take you 20 years to try them all
- Scientists can turn peanut butter into diamonds
- Peppers taste hot because of a chemical compound called Capsaicin which would bond to your sensory nerves and tricks them into thinking your mouth is actually being burned.
- Sadly, the world will soon run out of chocolates
There, I bet you learnt something new.