Nigerian musician Oluseun Anikulapo Kuti popularly known asSeun Kuti turns 33 years old today, January 11. Kuti is the son of the late Fela Kuti, who created the Afrobeat sound, which has influenced music home and abroad till date.
Here’s a list of things you should know about the son of the Afrobeat king.
1. Kuti started preforming with his father’s Egypt 80 band when he was 9.
2. He is the bandleader of the Egypt 80 band.
3. He is not just a vocalist but also a saxophonist.
4. His siblings are Yeni Kuti and Femi Kuti.
5. He has a daughter with his girlfriend Yetunde George Ademiluyi.
6. His discography includes: “A Long Way to the Beginning” (2014), From Africa With Fury: Rise (2011) and “Many Things” (2008).