Cyperus esculentus (also called chufa sedge, nut grass, yellow nutsedge, tiger nut , or earth almond) is a crop of the sedge family widespread across much of the world. Tiger nuts are among nature’s very foods. They are high in fiber, very nourishing and also are strongly believed to include active ingredients that could assist protect against cardiac arrest as well as enhance blood flow.
Because of the high focus of soluble sugar, they could likewise aid protect against cancer cells and also recently, some detectives uncovered that they could help in reducing the threat of enduring colon cancer cells. The really high fiber material integrated with a tasty preference, make them optimal for healthy and balanced consuming. Continue reading and also figure out 7 of the impressive health and wellness advantages of tiger nuts.
- Fight malnutrition: Tiger nuts are so packed with nutritional goodness that they are being considered as an alternative staple food in some developing countries. A study in Egypt found that tiger nuts are more nutritious and less expensive, than some other staple foods.
- High fibre: Tiger nuts are a very rich source of dietary fibre. Over 30% of a tiger nut is made of fibre and that’s more than oats, bran and most vegetables and fruits. We all need fibre to keep our digestive system in good working order, and it call also be an aid to weight loss, by making you feel fuller for longer.
- Blood pressure control: Another wonderful health benefits of tiger nuts is that the nuts are high in amino acids, especially one called arginine, which has been shown to be beneficial to those suffering with high blood pressure. Arginine has been clinically proven to reduce blood pressure.
- Great cow milk substitute: Individuals struggling with lactose intolerance might want to look into drinking tiger nut milk instead. Tiger nuts do not contain lactose, meaning people with lactose intolerance can also eat or drink the milk from this ground nut. It is also high in calcium which is a bone building and growth supporting mineral.
- They help regulate blood sugar levels: They help regulate blood sugar levels, the insoluble fibre found in tiger nuts can be of great help to diabetics. Insoluble fiber is important to diabetics, because, unlike other carbohydrates, it does not cause peaks and troughs in the blood sugar levels.
- Healthy fats: Another one of health benefits of tiger nuts is that they contain the healthy oils that are very similar to olive oil. The oil extracted from tiger nuts consists of around 80% unsaturated fats and only 18% of the cholesterol causing saturated fat.
- Heart-healthy oils: Most people know that olive oil and avocados, tiger nut oil also falls into the same category Like olive oil, tiger nuts contain the good fats that come from vegetables as opposed animal fats (such as butter and lard), which are high in cholesterol. The extracted oil from tiger nuts contains only 18% saturated fat and 82% unsaturated fat, closely following olive oil’s 14% saturated fat and 86% unsaturated fat.