APC gubernatorial candidate in Rivers state, Dakuku Peterside who is a close ally of the Minister of Transport, Rotimi Amaechi was today, appointed the Director-General of NIMASA.
Here are 12 things you should know about the new NIMASA DG :
(1) He was the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2015 governorship in Rivers
(7) Prior to being elected to the House of Representatives, Dakuku served twice as Rivers State Commissioner for works (2007-2011) where he anchored Governor Rotimi Amaechi’s phenomenal transformation of Roads and Infrastructural landscape of Rivers State; He concurrently served on the Board of Greater Port Harcourt Development Authority (GPHCDA).
(8) Before serving as Rivers State Commissioner of works, he served as Executive Director of Development and Leadership Institute (DLI) between the year 2005 and 2007, Senior Special Assistant to Governor of Rivers State on Works (2003-2005) Chairman Opobo-Nkoro LGA (2002-2003). As LGA chairman he was declared the most outstanding chairman by the then State Governor of Rivers State.
(10) He attended Georgia State University Atlanta and is also an alumnus of Harvard-Kennedy school, University of Harvard.
(11) The Honourable is a member of Nigeria Institute of Management (NIM), fellow of Institute of Management Consultants of Nigeria (IMCN) and member, Institute of Medical Laboratory Sciences of Nigeria.
(12) Dakuku is married to Elima, a lawyer and they are blessed with three children, Soba, Belema and Miebi. He is a committed Christian who believes his relationship with Jesus Christ is what gives meaning to life.