Thankfully, there are quick and simple exercises that can help shed unwanted pounds that won’t take an hour out of your day.
Here, personal trainer Dan Osman from PhD Nutrition demonstrates his top three gut-busting workouts.
He recommends focusing on quality of over quantity during these exercises, lengthening the muscles as much as possible.
1. Abdominal crunch
– Begin on your back, holding a dumbbell or a weight above your head
– As you forcefully contract upward, keep the weight in your eye-line
– Release with a big exhale as you crunch to the top
– Lower back down slowly, contracting the abdominals to protect your lower back
2. Dumbbell rotations
– Start by holding the dumbbell in the centre of the body, sitting upright by leaning back slightly to receive and tension in the back
– Keep your heels on the floor, to again ease pressure on the back
– Slowly rotate from the stomach upward to one side, as you feel the stretch on the other side
– Pause momentarily facing one side, ensuring your stomach remains tensed at all times
– Rotate to the other side as above and repeat
– Begin in a nice and simple plank position, with elbows underneath shoulders, and legs outstretched with toes touching the floor
– Maintain tension in abdominal region as you tense your core, bottom and legs
– Hold the position for at least 30 seconds, and repeat for a minimum of four sets
– As you advance, you can bring the elbows in closer to the body, tense the abdominals tighter and hold the position for longer.