5 Cool Things to Know About Amazon
Amazon.com is one of the most popular domains in the world, people can find literally everything there, buy what they need and have it delivered really fast. But how has it become possible? We gonna present you 20 cool facts to tell you more about Amazon.
1. Amazon started on July 5th 1994 but didn’t turn a profit until 2002 despite its multimillion dollar per year sales.
It is definitely a great company, but not the best business! In fact until 2009 its gain was ridiculous. Amazon does not make money but no one cares…
2. Workers at Amazon’s distribution centres can be expected to walk up to 11 miles per shift, picking an order every 33 seconds.
Amazon centers are really huge! The one in Swansea, for example, covers 800,000 square feet.
3. On Amazon you can buy these books ‘How to Raise and Keep a Dragon’ and ‘How to Steal a Dog’.
You may find uranium ore or a fresh whole rabbit, a UFO detector and much more hilarious stuff at Amazon.com!
4. Amazon.com was almost called “Cadabra” as in “Abracadabra”.
CEO Jeff Bezos refused the idea when his lawyer misheard the word as “cadaver”.
5. Apart from top 20 Best Sellers, Amazon books are 14 percent more expensive than competitors.
The survey was made by global marketing consultancy Simon-Kucher and Partners, Amazon prices were compared with those from WH Smith, Blackwell’s, Alibris, Kennys, BookFellas, the Amazon-owned AbeBooks and the Book Depository.