Potato porridge is a very colorful and nutritious meal prepared using different kinds of potatoes. It is a mouth-watering dish which is very easy to prepare.
Some health benefits of Potato porridge are:
- It is a good source of Vitamin B6
- Potatoes are rich in magnesium, which is the relaxation and anti-stress mineral.
- Potassium which is found in potatoes is one of the important electrolytes that help regulate heartbeat and nerve signals.
- Potatoes are are rich in carotenoids like beta carotene and other carotenoids, which help strengthen our eyesight and boost our immunity to disease.
- Potatoes contain Iron which help blood cell production.
HOW TO PREPARE POTATO PORRIDGE :
- 3 potatoes(Irish, sweet or russet)
- half a cup of palm oil
- Maggi seasoning and salt
- Dry fish
- Dry prawns
- Spinach or any other dark green vegetable of your choice
- Some blended or chopped scotch bonnet and red ball pepper
Step by Step Preparation :
- In a clean pot, pour in the palm oil, and heat up for about 3 minutes
- Add some chopped onions and half of your crayfish(frying the crayfish brings out its flavor better)
- Add the chopped or blended pepper and let it fry for some minutes
- Add chicken or beef stock if you have any
- Add your dry fish and dry prawns
- Taste for salt
- Add some salt ,maggi seasoning and remaining half of crayfish if necessary
- Stir and cover to cook for about 10-15 minutes
- Add a cup of water and add your diced potatoes
- Cover to cook until potatoes is very soft and tender.
- Add sliced vegetables and stir well.
- Grill you plantain( I hardly fry things so i grill)
- Serve hot/warm.