5 Healthy Breakfast That Will Help You Lose Weight
There’s always the worry about calories and fat, and whether or not the meal is healthy in general. Eating a morning meal is a healthy habit if you’re watching your weight. Trying to figure out what to eat for breakfast can be a chore for anyone, but it’s often an absolute headache for the person trying to shave off a couple pounds.
If you dread heading to the kitchen in the morning, here are 5 go-to, weight loss friendly foods you can enjoy for breakfast.
1. Hot Cereal: It’s important to eat a hearty meal in the morning to sustain your energy. This is where hot cereal (oatmeal) is second to none. It’s full of fiber, and you can kick it up a notch in the health department by adding fruit and spices. Make sure you buy whole grain oatmeal and not the pre-packaged kind that comes in a variety of flavors. These small packages are normally loaded with sugar and salt. Plain whole grain is always the best way to go. Try grating fresh cinnamon over it to give it a tasty punch in the morning.
2. Eggs: Eggs are loaded with protein, and protein is essential for producing energy and building muscle. Muscle burns fat, so it’s simple to see how this all ties together and helps you lose weight. If you’re not a bodybuilder, then you probably won’t be eating raw eggs for breakfast. A simple boiled egg or scrambled egg will suffice. And don’t worry about the cholesterol, it’s perfectly safe to eat an egg each morning if you choose.
3. Yogurt: Whether you prefer the regular kind of yogurt or any other type, yogurt makes a great breakfast food for anyone trying to lose weight. It’s an effective probiotic which is important in digestive health and for weight loss, not to mention you can get the low fat versions at decent prices. If you don’t like it plain, add some flavor and crunch with fruit and nuts. You can even purchase some brands with fruit in them. Be careful with this though, as sometimes the fruit in the yogurt is loaded with sugar and this means more calories. Whenever possible, always add your own fruit to be on the safe side.
4. Grapefruit: Grapefruit is known to burn fat like no other fruit. It’s a quick morning meal that packs a lot of power for the person looking to trim down. If you’re not a fan of this fruit, then you can try drinking the juice, but you’ll need to make sure it’s 100% grapefruit juice and not the colored punch with the artificial flavoring. Red grapefruit is sweeter than its white counterpart, so keep this in mind when you’re shopping.
5. Fruit and Vegetable Smoothie: If you own a powerful blender or juicer extractor, then you can’t go wrong with a fruit and veggie smoothie for breakfast. You’ll have loads of energy, and it’s packed full of fiber. Fresh smoothies are low in calories, and taste great. The best part is that you can customize them to suite your taste buds. If you’re not a big fan of a cold drink for breakfast, you can juice the produce at room temperature.
It’s important for everyone to start the day with a good breakfast, but when you’re trying to lose weight, it’s absolutely essential. These six foods are diet friendly and offer some other great health benefits as well. Play around with different recipes to see what works best for you. The most important thing to remember is to always eat fresh, whole foods whenever possible.