5 Important Facts You Should Know About Sugarcane
Sugar cane has stout jointed fibrous stalks that are rich in sugar. Its use ranges from consumption to production of some important elements in life. For the love of this very important plant.
5 things you need to know about sugar cane.
1. Sugarcane is actually a grass as it belongs to the grass family poaceaean. This grass family also includes economically important seed plants like maize, wheat, rice, and sorgum and many forage crops.
2. Sucrose a bye product of sugarcane, extracted and purified in specialized mill factories, is used as raw material in human food industries or is fermented to produce ethanol.
3. Sugarcane was the world’s largest crop by production quantity In 2012,
4. Brazil is the largest producer of sugar cane in the world.
5. Sugar is made from sugar cane.