Paris is the city of love and romance. So many couples come here for a honeymoon! This post about the heart of Paris and the heart of all France – the Eiffel tower.
1. A woman tried to commit suicide from the Eiffel Tower, landed on a car and later married the person who owned the car.
Unfortunately such a happy ending is a rare thing, the Eiffel tower has one of the the highest suicide rates – 17.5 per 1000 people. It’s an important issue for the French government.
2. Here’s the Eiffel tower in numbers…
It employs 300 workers, combines 18,038 pieces of wrought iron, fastened with 2,5 million rivets, weighs 10,000 tons, has a height of 984,25 ft.
3. The Eiffel Tower is 6 inches taller in the summer.
In the summer heat the steel structure tends to expand.
4. There are 5 billion lights on the Eiffel tower.
The great French tower consumes 7.8 million kWh per year. I would not wish to receive those utility bills!
5. This is what Paris looks like from the Eiffel Tower.
In fact the photo does not show the city from all sides so you can imagine how cool it is to be there. But one has to wait for a couple of hours in the line to enter the tower.