February 22, 2016
5 Profitable Businesses You Can Start Right Inside Your Room
Every big business started from being small at a particular time, take the likes of Facebook, Dangote, Microsoft.
What these businesses have in common is the fact that they all started out as small business although not every business will be end up being moonshot but starting your own business will give you benefits such as flexible work time and good job security.
The fact that you are reading this means you either want to start your own business or you are considering learning a skill you want to use to start a business.
Below are some ideas you can pursue at little or no cost;
1. Web Design: If you are skilled at web design or development the world is yours for the taking, at the moment with everybody buzzing to have a dotcom, you need to start getting yourself out there to attract more clients, meet people who can link you with people in need of your services you can start by working for friends and family as these works will help build your own personal portfolio and attract clients you need to harness the available platforms to give you good clients acquisition means.
2. Drawing and illustration: This is a good means of making money for those gifted with artistic skills if you have been drawing for friends. It’s time to step up your game and start making money from your skills. All you need to do is find your niche and start getting in touch with people. Send out cold emails offering to give them free drawing samples and other freebies to attract them.
3. Social Media Expert: With the wide spread usage of social media platforms such as facebook, twitter and instagram, companies are trying to reach out to more customers using these platforms. This can be an avenue for business for you, offering your experience and knowledge about these platforms to small scale businesses that actually needs the insights you can even take them beyond the normal social media platforms to new channels through which they can push their products.
4. Affiliate Marketing: This is the process through which one earns a commision by promoting other people’s product, this is one which is easy to set up with big brands like , Jumia,Konga, Microsoft, Lenovo offering affiliate programmes even to Nigerians all you need is good consumer acquisition skills and methods if you own a blog or you have good follower base on social media this is a gig you should try.
5. Book publishing on Amazon kindle: For the creative writers, thanks to Amazon, you can now publish your own book within minutes without having to contact a big publisher. All you need do is apply for the kindle book publishing programme. Do you have a book or poem collection you are writing? It’s time you start making money from it and who knows, it might just be the next best seller.
Most people think when you start a business while in school it’s only a cycle that last your stay in school but you should know starting a business is as real as it can get because it has reward and risks too starting a business is a good way to earn money and as well create a path for continued career success after school.