The skilled craftsman who is a New York-based representation painter, known for his exceedingly naturalistic depictions of dark individuals in chivalrous postures, will be the main dark craftsman to make official USA presidential pictures for the Smithsonian.
1. Wiley was born in Los Angeles, California in 1977. His father is Ibibio from Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria, and his mother is African-American.
2. Wiley, who did not grow up with his father, at the age of 20 travelled to Nigeria to explore his roots and meet him
3. The talented artist earned his BFA from the San Francisco Art Institute in 1999 and his MFA from Yale University, School of Art in 2001.
4. In October 2011, Wiley got the Artist of the Year Award from the New York City Art Teachers Association/United Federation of Teachers. He likewise got Canteen Magazine’s Artist of the Year Award. Two of Wiley’s artistic creations were highlighted on the highest point of 500 New York City taxis in mid 2011 as a joint effort with the Art Production Fund.
5. Panther AG appointed Wiley to paint four representations of conspicuous African soccer players. Examples from his compositions were additionally consolidated into Puma athletic rigging.
6. His work was included in 2015 on the Fox TV arrangement “Realm,” in the craftsmanship gathering of Lucious Lyon, the record mark organizer played by Terrence Howard.