6 Interesting Facts About Nigeria
1. Is home to Africa’s richest man
Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote hails from Kano State in northern Nigeria. With a net worth of $16.3 billion, this commodities tycoon at number 67 on the Forbes global wealth list.
2. Is the 8th most populous country in the world
3. Contains more than 250 different ethnic groups
Hausa-Fulani, Yoruba, and Igbo, being the three most prominent ethnic groups, making up 29%, 21% and 18% of the total, respectively.
4. Has the 3rd largest movie industry in the world
Yes, that’s right, Nollywood comes third to only Bollywood and Holywood in terms of overall market size.
5. 33% of it’s land is arable
6. Has the most diverse range of butterflies in the world