Every woman wants to look younger, whether she is 30 or 60. As we get older, we tend to lose the natural, beautiful glow of our skin. Fortunately, there are some tips and tricks to use to look younger no matter your age. The main tip to follow is to take good care of your skin every single day. Remember, the healthier your skin is, the younger it looks.
1. Increase your vitamin C intake One of the best ways to look younger is to increase your vitamin C intake. Vitamin C stimulates the production of collagen in the skin, which means it’s good for keeping your skin looking fresh and young. Vitamin C is good for the skin all over the body so it’s important to add foods rich in Vitamin C to your eating plan. Consider eating oranges, bell peppers, kiwis, grapefruits, tomatoes and strawberries.
2. Boost your protein intake Protein plays a significant role in almost each aspect of the skin, including collagen production, appearance, cell turnover as well as structure. This makes it a vital nutrient in your eating plan. Opt for lean protein like fish, sirloin steak, pork loin chops and chicken breast. Low-fat dairy foods, eggs, nuts and beans are also wonderful sources of protein.
3. Use oil in your salads Mayo is great and tasty, but not so healthy. I suggest you to start using oil in your salads. Try combining a bit of canola or olive oil with a bit of vinegar on your healthy salad. When you mix greens with some oil, not mayo, your body absorbs Vitamin C, E and any other antioxidants much better. Plus, it’s super healthy! Such salad will help combat free radical damage and help keep your skin looking glowing and youthful no matter your age.
4. Don’t use your powder Although powder has its wonderful value, I don’t recommend using it when you are trying to look younger. The longer your powder is on your face, the more it creeps into your fine lines and small wrinkles, making them even more visible. You can still use your foundation to hide blemishes and even things out, but try not to use your powder.
5. Add bronzer All those age spots and sunspots that tend to crop up on the skin can easily be hidden with bronzer. Not only does bronzer mask all those discolorations, it also gives your skin a beautiful glow. You can add a little bit of bronzer to your foundation, or apply it on your nose, cheeks and forehead using a large brush.
6. Care for your hands daily While it’s important to care for your face every day, don’t forget about your hands. Make sure you care for your hands properly every single day. If you are on a budget, try rubbing your facial products into them. It’s not necessary to use special hand creams. Also, don’t forget to use sunscreen daily. This is a huge step to look younger no matter how old you are.
7. Wear the right makeup Did you know that some colors you might be wearing can wash you out and even emphasize all your wrinkles and fine lines? To look younger, make sure you wear the right colors on your lips, eyes and cheeks. Go for a more natural look and stay away from the bright, bold colors.