7 Things Senators Said About Economic Recession Today
The Nigerian Senate today held a debate on Nigeria’s economic recession and the way out. The Senators proffered different solutions to help end the crisis.
See top 7 things the Senators said:
- Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu wants President Muhammadu ”to look inwards into his cabinet & put square pegs in square holes.”
- Senator Shehu Sani said that ”the key towards getting out of the recession is the export of goods.”
- Senator Dino Melaye proffers ”attracting FDI, blocking leakages, pacifying Niger Delta Avengers and banning some food and clothing imports.”
- Senator George Akume said ”the blame game cannot end yet as we need a sense of history to move ahead.”
- Senator Sam Anyanwu said ‘We are the Government and we must find solutions to the current challenges’.
- Senator Rabiu Kwankwaso wants ‘the FG to liaise with States & Local Govts”
- Senator Isiaka Adeleke wants ”an Emergency Funding Template be put in place.”