February 11, 2016
7 Things You Didn’t Know About Kogi State’s New Deputy Governor
Achuba who filled the vacuum after Hon. James Faleke, the running mate to the late Prince Abubakar Audu, refused to accept the position of deputy governor in Kogi state, has been revealed to be originated from an Igbo state.
Simon Achuba and his wife
The newly elected governor of Kogi state, Yahaya Bello, appointed Hon. Simon Achuba as the deputy governor of the state yesterday, February 9 at the banquet hall of the government house.
He has now filled the vacuum left by Hon. James Faleke, the running mate to the late Prince Abubakar Audu, who refused to accept the position of deputy governor, saying he ought to be the governor.
Below are things you need to know about the new deputy governor of Kogi state.
1. He was born on July 13, 1964.
2. He is an indigene of Ibaji local government area, though unconfirmed reports have it that he is originally from Aguleri in Anambra state.
3. He was a member of the House of Assembly between 1999 and 2007.
4. Between 2003 and 2007, he assumed the office of the deputy speaker of the House.
5. Achuba served as immediate past chairman of Kogi State Environmental Protection Board.
6. Achuba is a happily married man.
7. He was a member of the Peoples Democratic Party but defected to the All Progressives Congress in May, 2015. This was after the PDP lost the 2015 presidential election to the APC.