1. After playing for AC Milan, Dijon, Lille, Monaco and Saint Etienne with varying degrees of success Aubameyang was picked up by Dortmund in 2013 following the sale of Robert Lewandowski and has been a sensation, scoring 48 times in 80 games to date.
2. This season he became the first player ever to score in the first eight matches of the Bundesliga season, scoring 10 times in that run.
3. Aubameyang is equally prolific at international level with Gabon and has notched 19 goals in 45 appearances for his country so far and been nominated for the African Footballer of the Year award three times in a row.
4. He has already spoken about Premier League interest and expressed where he would like to move when he leaves Dortmund, saying: “One day I’ll leave to play in another league. My dream is to play in Spain. I hope that will happen but when? I don’t know. Lots of people think that the Premier League would good for me but my mum is Spanish and I really have that dream to play over there. After that maybe one day the Premier League but for the moment I aim to one day play in Spain.”
5. Newcastle were interested before he moved to Germany, with Aubameyang describing the Magpies as “a good club” with a “monumental stadium”.
6. Although no transfer fee was disclosed when he signed for Dortmund, a figure rising to almost £10m was reported. If current speculation is to be believed he is worth more than four-and-a-half times that now.
7. Aubameyang is versatile and capable of playing anywhere in a front three or even in an advanced midfield role, while his dead ball accuracy – from free-kicks and penalties – is excellent too.
8. FIFA 16 rates him as the third fastest player in the world ahead of Gareth Bale and Raheem Sterling but not Theo Walcott!