How To Make Lip Balm With Cocoa Butter
Is lip balm an absolute essential in your makeup bag? Then you will be happy to know that you can make your very own lip balm at home! Making sure that your lips stay soft and chap-free all year round is important, and an ingredient that never fails is cocoa butter.
It is great for your skin, and smells oh-so-yummy! Making cocoa butter lip balm is easy, and all you need is a few ingredients (1). And this post talks about how you can make a lip balm using cocoa butter!
Would you like to know how? Keep reading.
Recipes For Cocoa Butter Lip Balm:
Here are 3 great recipes for the sweet-smelling (2) and delicious lip balms made with cocoa butter:
Recipe #1 – Honey And Vanilla Lip Balm:
For this lovely lip balm recipe, the ingredients you need are:
- Pure cocoa butter – 3 tablespoons
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Sweet almond oil – ½ cup
- Beeswax – 4 tablespoons
- Vitamin E capsule – 1
- Pure vanilla essential oil – 5 to 8 drops
- First, melt the beeswax in a double-boiler.
- Stir every 30 seconds.
- Once it has melted, add the cocoa butter and oil.
- Let the mixture continue to heat up slowly until the cocoa butter melts.
- Remember to stir it often.
- Next, add the honey, vanilla essential oil and the contents of the Vitamin E capsule.
- Once that is done, remove the mixture from the heat and pour it into containers.
- Let them cool for an hour or two before use.
This all-natural lip balm will do wonders for your lips, and you will love the sweet taste and scent!
Recipe #2 – Rose Lip Balm:
To make this soothing lip balm, all you need is:
- Grated cocoa butter – 1 tablespoon
- Coconut oil – 2 tablespoons
- Dried rosebuds – 1 tablespoon
- Vitamin E oil – ¼ teaspoon
- Rose essential oil – 3 drops
- First, take a stainless steel pot and melt the coconut oil on very low heat.
- Once it has melted completely, add the rosebuds.
- Remember to stir well. Allow to steep for 1 hour on very low heat.
- Next, strain the oil into a bowl using cheesecloth.
- Wipe the pot that you used for heating and pour the oil back into it.
- Heat it up again and add the cocoa butter, stirring until it melts.
- Once that is done, remove the pot from the heat and add the Vitamin E oil and rose essential oil. Remember to keep stirring.
- Now pour the mixture out into a container and leave it to set completely.
This lip balm feels wonderful on the lips, and what is so great about it is that you can use it on other parts of your body that need a little extra care too!
Recipe #3 – Mint And Chocolate Lip Balm:
Everyone loves the mint and chocolate combo, and with this recipe, you get to have it on your lips all day! All you need is:
- Beeswax pearls (or grated beeswax) –1 tablespoon
- Cocoa butter – ½ teaspoon
- Shea butter – ½ teaspoon
- Coconut oil – 1/8 cup
- Honey – ½ teaspoon
- Vitamin E oil – 1/8 teaspoon
- Cocoa powder – 1 teaspoon
- Peppermint essential oil – 3 drops
- First, take a double-boiler and add the cocoa butter, shea butter and coconut oil to melt.
- Make sure that the heat is super-low and let the ingredients heat up slowly for 20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Add the beeswax to the mix and stir well.
- Once the beeswax melts completely, remove the pot from the heat and the honey, essential oil, Vitamin E oil and cocoa powder.
- Whisk well the entire time while adding these ingredients.
- After everything is well-blended and smooth, pour the mixture into a container and let it set for 3 hours.
Get super-soft lips with this amazing homemade balm and enjoy the delicious flavor and scent all day!
As you can see, it does not take much time to make lip balm at home. Your homemade lip balms are natural and safe, and help you save quite a bit of your money too! Who can say no to that?