As more and more women are becoming health conscious these days, they are adopting a lifestyle that will help them attain a slimmer and toned body frame. Losing and gaining a lot of weight can pave the way for light colored vein-like lines appearing on parts like the stomach, arms, etc. These are commonly known as stretch marks. There is nothing better than going natural when it comes to any skin problem.
Stretch marks are visible lines on the skin surface with an off color hue, they are mostly found in the abdominal wall but can also occur over the thighs, upper hand and breast.
The purpose of this article is to show you foods that will help you remove the stretch mark from your body. Add these foods to your diet to keep those ugly looking stretch marks away from your beautiful and glowing skin.
1. Water: True hydration happens from the inside and this can be done by drinking enough water throughout the day. Well-hydrated skin is pliable and also less prone to stretch marks. You can boost skin hydration by drinking at least eight to ten glasses of water a day. This keeps your skin elastic and helps maintain normal production levels for collagen. Also you need to avoid drinks, such as coffee, tea and soda as such drinks tend to dehydrate the skin and make your skin more vulnerable to stretch marks.
2. Almonds: Almonds belong to the nuts category and so, they provide high levels of minerals that are good for your body, skin and hair. They are a rich source of vitamin E, which is a significant antioxidant that helps in nourishing the skin and keeping it away from dryness that causes stretch marks. Vitamin E also makes your skin firm and reduces marks. An added advantage is the high level of proteins in them, which help to keep you fit.
3. Oats: Oatmeal is undoubtedly one of the best ways to make the skin look younger with its high levels of fibre that cleanses the skin from toxins and regulates the blood flow. It also controls the blood glucose levels, thus helping in balancing androgens, a hormone that can cause wrinkles if secreted in excessive quantity. Oats in breakfast will also stimulate skin healing. Silica, present in oats helps to strengthen the collagen and elastic fibres in the skin. This keeps skin young, radiant and away from stretch marks.
4. Green tea: Green tea not only hydrates the skin and keeps it away from dryness, but the rich antioxidants in it also help in keeping the skin healthy and free from inflammation. Having one to two cups of green tea is great for achieving stretch mark-free skin.
5. Orange: Apart from its vibrant hue and refreshing taste, it turns out they may work to liven up your skin up, too. Oranges are rich in water and help to fill the spaces between cells, minimizing the appearance of stretch marks. Oranges are rich in water and help to fill the spaces between cells, minimizing the appearance of stretch marks. Plus, their vitamin C helps to make skin more supple and their antioxidants help heal the body from damage.
6. Sweet potatoes: It’s hard to find something more delicious than the humble sweet potato. And your skin cells may love them as much as your taste buds: Sweet potato is one of the richest sources of Vitamin A, which aids in the development of new skin cells and can help diminish the stretch marks. Some other good sources of vitamin A are cantaloupe, dark leafy greens, and mangoes.
7. Cucumbers: Cucumbers’ high water content help one to stay hydrated, which promotes skin elasticity and collagen formation. In addition, staying hydrated helps flush out toxins and maintain a healthy skin complexion.
8.Tomatoes: They are rich in vitamin C, which helps with collagen formation. Collagen helps to keep your skin strong, yet elastic, making stress marks less likely. Tomatoes are also rich in lycopene, which acts as a natural sunscreen. The sun creates more damage, making stress marks worse, so tomatoes protect against this.
9. Eggs: They’re a great source of protein, which is essential for youthful skin. Collagen is made from protein, and collagen is responsible for our skin’s elasticity.