If you find out that your relationship is becoming toxic, it’s better to summon courage and head for the door before it gets worse
Toxic relationships not only makes you unhappy but slowly diminishes your potential to succeed in life. If you find out that your relationship is becoming toxic, it’s better to summon courage and head for the door before it gets worse.
Inspired by Your Tango, here are 10 ways to free yourself from these kinds of relationship.
1. Tell your partner it’s over: Do it without feeling intimidated.
2. Consider meeting them in a public place before announcing your breakup: Bring a friend along to sit by you if it’s too hard a task to do.
3. Send a message: If you can’t summon enough courage to tell them face to face, a good letter will do. Fax or email it.
4. Don’t try to justify or over-explain the situation: Doing that may draw you back into their dangerous web.
5. Set boundaries: Communicate clearly the kind of space you want and make sure it gets through to them.
6. Always be around positive people: This is the time to know who your real friends are. Be around people who inspire you to be a better person everyday.
7. Unfollow them: This isn’t a time to encounter your partner on social media. Block and unfollow them if you must for a healthier lifestyle.
8. Give yourself time to heal: Acknowledge you are hurting and try not to find someone to replace your partner that fast. You may just be going round the same circle again.
9. Do what you love to do: Don’t postpone your passion any longer, dive into it head first.
10. Be happy: Feel better that you’ve let go of someone who made you feel unsure of yourself.