Do Not Say I Do, If……
If you are considering marriage you need to be sure that there are no reasons why you shouldn’t marry him in the picture. Marriage is a huge commitment and should be for a lifetime.
So as a response to “Marry him if…”, today’s post talks about reasons why you should not marry him.
1. He Has Been Unfaithful: One of the top signs you shouldn’t marry him is if he has been unfaithful to you. If someone cannot remain faithful to you throughout the time you are dating, it is very improbable that he would remain faithful to you in marriage.
The bare minimum you should expect from your husband is his faithfulness and in a good marriage, that is not an extra benefit.
2. He Is Addicted To Alcohol Or Drugs: If you are dating someone with any of these addictions you need to get away from him as fast as possible. You cannot fix him or save him from himself. Run! Only heartache can come from such an alliance.
3. You Are Of Different Faiths: Marrying someone who is of a different faith to you can only bring troubles. I am not talking about little differences in denominations of the same faith as those can be easily overcome, I am talking about both of you having completely different faiths.
It is much easier to choose someone from the start that is of the same faith with you than to break it off with someone of a different faith that you deeply care for.
4. You Fight Constantly: If you cannot get along when you are dating, most likely you won’t get along in marriage. In fact, you would probably fight much more.
Marriage is hard even when you both love each other deeply and are committed to treating yourselves kindly. Resolve your conflicts before marriage or don’t get married at all.
5. You Aren’t Sure You Love Him: If you do not know deep down in your heart that you are completely and totally in love with your boyfriend then you have no business marrying him.
Do not enter a marriage with doubts in your head and in your heart. Give yourself time to allay whatever doubts you might have before proceeding with or curbing plans with your man.
6. Nobody Likes Him: While everyone has someone that does not like them if your boyfriend is disliked by a lot of people, there is most likely a reason for that that you need to consider carefully.
7. He Can’t Hold A Job: If your man cannot hold a job, don’t go into marriage with him. If your boyfriend is constantly being fired or quitting jobs, you must take that into serious consideration. That is probably a big clue to you as to what marriage may be like.
8. He Doesn’t Make You Better: Personally, I believe relationships should be about bringing out the best in your partner. He should make you a better person and bring out the best in you as you do for him.
If you believe he is a good influence on you, and your life in general, then it’s a match made in heaven. However, if you see that the relationship has changed you for the worst, run away!
9. He Tries To Change You: Changing someone to meet your desires is plainly selfish and unfair. True love is about accepting each other and loving every imperfection that that person comes with.
You can’t just pick the parts you like and change the rest to the way you want it. Explain to him, if he does this, that he either takes you the way you are or you walk away.