So it was the wedding anniversary of my ex colleague and she promised to make it an exciting one for every one present. I was really hoping she meant to give out a ticket to go watch a movie with her or a call from Four points that I have a reserved seat with lots of goodies waiting hehehe!
But alas! She came in with her big water like jar and announced to anyone who cares to listen “ Am making chapman, hope you make space in your stomach cos am sure you’ll all love it”.
I was like, is this the excitement you promised? Well, on a second thought, I felt it would be cool to actually watch how this drink is made as it’s one of my favorite. And so below are the recipes for making your homemade chapman.
- ½ cup Grenadine Syrup
- A few dashes of Angostura Aromatic Bitters
- 35 cl Fanta Orange
- 35 cl Sprite
- ½ an Orange
- ½ a lemon
- Ice cubes
Use the following citrus of your choice to garnish your chapman drink:
Cucumber, strawberry, orange, lemon, lime
- Put a few ice cubes in the mugs.
- Add half a cup of the Grenadine Syrup, this should be about one third of the dimpled mug.
- Add a few dashes of Angostura Bitters (to your taste).
- Add a squeeze of orange and lemon each.
- Share the Fanta equally between the two mugs, do the same for the Sprite. Remember to leave some space because the garnishings will take up their own volume.
- Add your sliced garnishings: cucumber, orange and lemons. This list goes on and on.
- Top off with Ribena blackcurrant if you have it.
- Stir with the straws and it is ready for drinking!
Enjoy it on a warm sunny day or on any special occasion with any snack