Onion is actually excellent for skin glowing. The humble vegetable is packed with Vitamins A, C and E. This group of vitamins, together known as anti-oxidants, helps in fighting against the damage caused by the harmful UV rays. They also help in protecting against free radical damage which is responsible for premature aging. Onion is also a powerful antiseptic which can shield your skin from acne-causing bacteria and other skin infections.
1. To Cure Acne: You can simply massage your face with some fresh onion juice or prepare a onion face pack to fight off the acne causing bacteria efficiently. Take one tablespoon of onion juice and add one tablespoon of olive oil or almond oil to it. Blend well and apply on your skin. After 15 minutes, wash off with cold water.
2. Healthy skin internally: Raw onions are extremely helpful in improving the health of the skin from inside. You can either use it in salad with other nutritious fruits and vegetable or simply eat it raw. Lots of people do not like the lingering smell of the vegetable and hence, include it in their meals. Be sure that you do not overcook it as it will destroy all the benefits.
3. To Remove Spots, Patches and Pigmentation: The vitamin C component of onion plays a keys role in treating dark spots, ugly patches, pigmentation marks, and so on. Mix 1 tablespoon of fresh onion juice with one tablespoon of plain yogurt, add 4 to 5 drops of lavender oil to the mixture. Massage your face with it in gentle circular motion by using your fingertips or prepare a liquid mixture by blending one teaspoon of fresh lemon juice with two teaspoons of fresh onion juice. Dab it on your skin with a cotton ball, wash away with lukewarm water after 10 to 15 minutes.
Add a pinch of turmeric powder to one tablespoon of fresh onion juice. Massage your face with it daily.
4. To get lighter complexion: Onion can purify our blood, thereby making our complexion lighter. For this, you need to prepare a face mask by combining two tablespoons of fresh onion juice, one tablespoon of gram flour, one teaspoon of milk and one teaspoon of ground nutmeg. Apply the smooth thick paste all over your skin and wash off after 15 minutes.
5. To Get Brighter Skin: Regular application of fresh onion can help us get rid of dull and lifeless skin. The antioxidants and vitamins present in the vegetable give the skin cells a significant beauty boost, which results into a healthy, radiant skin.
6. To Prevent Aging: Cut a fresh, medium-sized onion into small pieces and juice them up, dip a cotton ball into it and apply all over your skin. This practice can boost the flow of blood throughout skin cells significantly, which eventually gives a wrinkle free, firmer and young-looking skin with a better texture.