Here are a few things you should know about the Google Allo messaging application.
- The app also features a preview version of Google Assistant.
- Users can type “@google” to bring Google Assistant into chat.
- From here the virtual assistant can answer questions without the user having to stop messaging.
- There’s an Incognito mode that offers end-to-end encryption on messages, expiration times and more.
- The new messaging app also works with SMS messaging.
- The app is designed to keep conversations going even when a person is busy by letting users respond with just a single tap.
- Google Allo does this by suggesting responses from various different ones built into the app.
- The app will get better at understanding how a person responds over time and make suggestions based on this.
- The app is filled with a variety of different emoji and stickers.
- It can also be used to send pictures to friends.
- Users can customize pictures in the app by drawing on them.
- It can also suggest different responses for pictures that are sent by friends.
- Google Allo users can also adjust the size of text being sent by sliding the “Send” button up and down.
Google Allo is available on Android devices running version 4.1 and up. It can also be downloaded for Apple Inc.’s (NASDAQ:AAPL) iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices running iOS 9.1 or later. These downloads are available via the Google Play Store and the App Store.