How To Renew Your Driver’s License Or Obtain A New One
How To Renew Your Driver’s License
1: Go to http://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org, input the required details. Print out the data form and also the payment form.
2: You can pay the license fee online or at the bank.
3: Present your form to the Board of Internal Revenue Officer or VIO at the Driver’s Licence Centre (DLC) for endorsement.
4: Proceed to FRSC Officer at the DLC for Biometric Data Capturing.
5: A temporary driver’s licence, valid for 60 days, will be provided to you.
How To Obtain A New Driver’s License
1. Get training at an accredited driving school.
2. You would be presented to a VIO (Vehicle Inspection Officer) for a driving test
3. If you pass the test, you get presented with a certificate of proficiency by the VIO
4. At the Drivers’ License Center (DLC), you will be given a driver’s license application form for you to complete.
5. You then pay the license fee online or at the bank. Print the acknowledgment slip containing your transaction number and payment details.
6. Present your completed application form to the Board of Internal Revenue (BIR) officer and VIO at the DLC for endorsement.
7. Then go to the FRSC Officer at the DLC for your biometric data capture
8. Get a temporary driver’s license valid for 60 days
9. After 60 days, pick up your original driver’s license at the BIR Office.