It’s possible to highlight and contour as part of a makeup routine everyday without spending so much time trying to get it right/wasting time when one has to rush of to work.
Highlight and contour give the face a kind of precision and chiseled finish that is flattering but it should be perfected and without wasting time for daily use.
For highlighting and contouring, it’s important to know the application style that suit one’s skin tone as well as facial feature for instance what works on a square face will not work for a long or round face.
1. Start by applying normal face of makeup, making sure the foundation is blended well into the face.
2. Apply concealer under both eyes (to hide dark circles and create a smooth finish around the area) and areas like the chin, forehead and along the bridge of the nose.
3. Apply setting powder over the concealer and all over the areas in step 2. Leave to ‘bake’
Contouring casts shadow on areas of the face to create a chiseled look
4. Apply contour(stick) on areas of the face (to cast shadows) according to individual facial feature
5. Blend the contour seamlessly into the skin
6. Apply setting powder on the area for a seamless effect
8. Apply setting spray