The 10 Nigerians on Forbes 2015 Africa’s Richest List (Names & Worth)
Nigeria’s Aliko Dangote for the fifth consecutive year is the richest man in Africa according to Forbes.
Dangote was ranked by the magazine as the 67th richest person in the world, from a peak of 23rd in 2014. He surpassed Saudi-Ethiopian billionaire, Mohammed Hussein Al Amoudi, in 2013 by over $2.6bn to become the world’s richest person of African descent.
The Nigerians who made the magazine’s Africa’s 50 richest list are:
- Aliko Dangote at 1st place with $16.7bn
- Mike Adenuga at 7th place, with $3.5bn;
- Folorunsho Alakija, with $1.7bn (13th);
- Femi Otedola, with $1.6bn (16th);
- Abdulsalam Rabiu, with $1bn (23rd);
- Theophilus Danjuma, with $750m (30th).
- Tony Elumelu, with $700m (31st);
- Jim Ovia, with $550m (37th);
- Mohammed Indimi, with $500m (39th);
- Orji Uzor Kalu, with $330m (49th).
Forbes noted that the number of Nigerians on the list fell from 13 in 2014, while South Africa climbed up with 16 slots from 11 last year.