The Central Bank of Nigeria in its press conference has appointed Tokunbo Abiru as the new General Managing Director of Skye Bank PLC.
The CBN had earlier dissolved the bank’s management over its inability to meet the required 10% capital adequacy ratio.
Until his appointment, Adetokunbo Mukhail Abiru was an Executive Director at First Ban of Nigeria PLC.
– A Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria and Honorary Senior Member, The Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria, with extensive experience in banking and consulting spanning over 20 years.
– Abiru holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics from Lagos State University.
– He also attended various executive management programmes in top rated business schools, including Lagos Business School and Harvard Business School.
– His working career spans stints at Akintola Williams & Co (Chartered Accountants) and Guaranty Trust Bank Plc.
– He joined FirstBank in 2004 and was at various times the relationship Team Leader, Retail Banking; Business Development Manager, Lagos (Ikeja1); and Group Head, Corporate Banking.
He is married with children.
– He was the former Commissioner of Finance, Lagos during Babatunde Fashola’s tenure.