1. Obio Akpor — It is the most prosperous local government area. It is situated in the River State (Port Harcourt metropolis). It is one of the leading economic centers of the whole country. Besides, this is a major city of Niger Delta. It’s total area is more than 250 sq. km, while the population approaches to 880,000. It is divided into seventeen wards. Among the most widespread natural resources, we can distinguish natural gas and oil. Agricultural sector is also quite popular.
2. Ikeja — It is the second richest LGA in Nigeria. It’s located in Lagos State. It’s also considered its capital. Before 1980s, it was a commercial town with plenty of department stores, reservation areas, and other things. Then, there was an emergence of military rule. Nowadays it’s a significant city. There is an international airport there as well as the largest mall in the state. Natural gas, coal, wood, and water are the most common resources of the area.
3. Kurmi — It’s situated in the State of Taraba. It is famous for the richness of resources. The soil of the land is very fertile, which gives lots of opportunities to the agricultural sector. They grow various plants, such as
rice, bananas, oranges, cocoas, and so on. As you may suppose, the majority of people there are farmers and their produce the greatest part of crops for consumption in the whole country. All the rest are exported, which gives extra money to the area.
4. Esan Central — Located in Edo state, it’s composed by several towns and cities. Its major sector is agriculture. However, people of this land are also engaged into industry. There are lots of hotels, factories, and hospitals
there. Obio Akpor. It is the most prosperous Local Government Area. It is situated in the River State (Port Harcourt metropolis). It is one of the leading economic centers of the whole country. Besides, this is a major city of Niger Delta.
5. Etinan — This area belongs to Akwa Ibom State. It is thought to be the richest in oil production. It’s famous for crafting and agriculture as well. Besides, it’s the most peaceful territory in the Western Nigeria. These are the richest and most prosperous regions of the country. There used to be more of them, however, particular factors, like Civil War, have affected them.