Top Lessons to learn from the Emir of Kano
Former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, HRH Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, Muhammad Sanusi II, the Emir of Kano shares his experience about his past, present, future and life generally.
Below are some lessons from his story.
1. If you have a job, you do your job. Your jobis not to make the boss happy. If he wants to be happy, he goes to his wife.
2. There are a hundred things a young man wants to be, but all you need to do is look at two or three things and you’ll be amazed at how by holding on to one or two simple rules, you can define yourself.
3. Always know that privilege comes with responsibility
4. Speak truth to power. No matter what the cost is, if it’s the truth, say it.
5. If you don’t want to get into trouble, don’t ask uncomfortable questions
6. If you cannot do your job the way your conscience says you should do it, it is not worth having.
7. To have a happy and successful life, you must stay true to who you are.
8. Women are so good, you should have as many as you are allowed to have
9. Always be yourself…do what makes you happy and what you are good at.
10. Hold on to simple rules and find one thing to define yourself
11. If we want an African Dream we have to produce Africans who are citizens of the world and citizens of the continent.