Yemi Alade Turns 27! Here Are 7 Things You Didn’t Know About The Diva
A life worth celebrating is incomplete when there’s no one to sing your praises and celebrate with you.
1.The Diva just turned 27 yesterday the 14th of March 2016.
2. She once participated in a talent hunt show way back in 2009 called the Peak Talent show.
3. The Johnny hit maker has some musical roots from Jos, Plateau State capital.
4. Despite her Yoruba roots, she also has Igbo traces in her lineage, with a Yoruba father and an Igbo mother. Her middle name is Eberechi, meaning God’s mercy.
5. Her Johnny video, shot and directed by Nigeria’s acclaimed producer, Clarence Peter’s in 2014 bagged 32 Million views on You Tube as at December 2015.
6. The famous singer has 7 musical awards to herself with the most recent being MTV African Music Awards for Best Female Artist and BET’s Awards for Best International Act, Africa 2015.
7. With the skies above her, Yemi’s just started and though currently touring, she working on her second studio album titled “Mama Africa”, slated for released in March of 2016.
Photos from her birthday bash.