Zobo Drink (Home-Made)
Zobo drink is a Nigerian beverage made from dried Roselle plant flowers also called as Hibiscus flower.
Zobo drink is a veritable source of vitamin A. It is also recommended for hypertensive patients. Recent researches have confirmed the drink to be a good cure for diarrhoea and pneumonia. i enjoy making harbicous drink as it is my hubby’s favourite natural drink.
- Wash dried Zobo leaves properly in ordinary water to get rid of sand and particles.
- Put the Zobo in a cooking pot and add moderate amount of water and allow to boil for about 25 minutes.
- Bring down the pot and sieve the Zobo leave out, then put back the water content back to boil.
- Add the grated ginger (grate and squeeze ginger juice out and add to the Zobo content. You could also add pineapple peels if you feel like and allow to boil for over 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, allow it to cool and sieve into a big bowl to remove residue.
- Add sugar when still hot and stir properly to taste
- Add flavours, e.g, strawberry, pineapple, apple, orange and any other flavour used in baking. Put in bottles and chill immediately to prevent fermentation
- Serve chilled. If too thick dilute with water before serving.