Entries are hereby invited for The Nigeria Prize for Literature. The yearly literature prize is endowed by Nigeria LNG (NLNG) Limited to honour the author of the best book by a Nigerian within the last four years.
The prize rotates among four literary genres- prose fiction, poetry, drama and children’s literature. This year, the competition is for Children’s Literature.
It carries a reward of one hundred thousand US dollars ($100,000.00).
- The competition is open to only Nigerian writers irrespective of their place of residence.
- Ten copies of the entry and, if available, an e-copy, with evidence of Nigerian citizenship (photocopy of Nigerian passport or National Identity card), may be submitted either by author or publisher, in accordance with the genres in competition. Books should be submitted to Nigeria LNG Limited’s External Relations Division, promoters of the prize, by the stipulated deadline. Failure to meet the stated conditions will lead to disqualification of the entry.
- No book published before January, 2015 will be accepted. Complete contact information, including full contact address, email(s), phone number(s) and other relevant contact information should accompany each submission.
- An author will enter only one published work. Mere manuscripts will not be considered. No book previously submitted for this competition may be re-submitted at a later date, even if major revisions have been made or a new edition published. The prize will be awarded for no other reason than excellence.
- No member of the Advisory Board or Panel of Judges can enter their work(s) for the award in the period in which they are serving and two years thereafter. No entries will be entertained from members of NLNG staff and their families.
DEADLINE: April 5 2019
To apply and for more information visit here