If you belong to the school of thought which pontificates that being a genius is innate, or something one is born with, then you are wrong.
Here are ways you too can improve your memory, your intelligence, and also become a genius.
1. Train your memory: Try to memorise words or numbers on a daily basis. There are also pattern finding games online which you can download to help with this. The brain is also a muscle, the more it is worked the better it would get.
2. Open yourself to other points of view: A smart person is an open minded person. He/she questions his or her answers to life’s many questions as much as he/she questions the answers of others. Understand that you are ignorant. While doing this, bear in mind that everyone else might also be as, if not more ignorant than you.
3. Find Motivation: You first of all find the motivation to pursue one task to completion, and before you know it, the inspiration comes to do it to the best of your ability.
4. Do Cardiovascular work out: Cardiovascular fitness can raise your verbal intelligence and improve long-term memory. Google on this subject of cardiovascular exercises of you don’t understand this. 5. Play video games: Most truly intelligent guys out there are video game enthusiasts.
It might look like just a waste of time, but video gaming can actually stimulate the growth of neurons and promote connectivity in the regions of the brain responsible for spatial orientation, memory formation, and strategic planning. Playing video games also keeps the brain fresh and reverses aging.
6. Do Yoga: Meditate. Find the right posture, sit still, focus on steady breathing, and flip through mental pictures in your head.
7. Ask the right questions: You might be able to cram enough knowledge into your brain to win every quiz game in the world, but that doesn’t make you a genius. What separates the savants from the geniuses is meaning. Is the knowledge you possess and are the questions you ask meaningful? Do your intellectual pursuits make a difference in the world? Do they help people? Do they advance humanity? If not, then it doesn’t matter how many credentials you have or how many people pat you on the back. Your efforts are meaningless.
You don’t have to be smart enough to figure out why E=MC2 to be a genius. The world doesn’t need 7 billion astrophysicists anyway. We need geniuses from every walk of life. We need people who can solve meaningful problems in the fields that they’re suited for. Solve a meaningful question and that will be an exercise in genius, but that doesn’t mean you can rest on your laurels for the rest of your life. Just because you did something genius yesterday doesn’t mean you’re a genius today. And just because you performed one stroke of genius doesn’t mean that you’re a genius in every other facet of your life. In fact, nobody is a full spectrum genius. Every genius is a complete idiot in other ways.
8.Question your answers: Let’s suppose you questioned your personal beliefs and the foundations of your culture and found them lacking. So you went back and rewrote the rules and applauded yourself for fixing them. Then you lived the rest of your life by those new rules and taught them to other people. The only problem is you’re Anton Lavey, Adolph Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Pol Pot, Timothy Leary or Charles Manson.