The GTBank Dusty Manuscript contest has released a longlist comprising 20 budding writers.
The writers were picked by judges from a pool of over 1000 entries submitted for the contest.
They were selected based on originality, language, grammar, narrative strength, coherence and dramatic intensity.
The judges include renowned authors Eghosa Imasuen, Yejide Kilanko and Toni Kan, as well as Ainehi Edoro-Glines, an assistant professor of English Language.
The authors of the shortlisted manuscripts will go on a two-day writers boot camp where they will interact with and learn from accomplished authors on the art and business of writing.
The selected entries are:
- Devil‘s Pawn by Kukogho Iruesiri Samson
- Home to the hill by Eunice Ekelaka
- Sambisa by Mohammed, Fatima Aliko
- The Smell of rain by Nneoma Otuegbe
- Omon by Henri Yeri
- The Orchid Protocol Onochie Emeka Onyekwena
- Love Unexpected by Pailyin John
- Children of the Night by Chimaobi Olayinka Ahuekwe
- Giants by Adeyinka Isioye
- The Fugitive by Chidubem Akala
- Kamalu’s Symphony by Hayzard Solum
- The Kidnapping by Oputuboye T.J. Krukrubo
- Hues of the Sun by Ally Oyedokun, Maryam Wuraola
- In the Half-Dark by Ayosojumi Adeniyi Akinsanya
- Book of Lost Words by Ikechukwu Nwaogu
- Secrets beyond the Red Gate by Sylvia Ozomena
- Lyrics by Adejoke Olamuyiwa
- The Other Side of Truth by Nnema Anieto
- Identity by Victor Oladutemu
- The Way We Do It Here Now by Onyeka Ibe
The Dusty Manuscript contest is organised in partnership with publishing houses, Okadabooks and Farafina.
Excerpts of shortlisted manuscripts can be read HERE.