Efo Riro is a very popular Yoruba soup in Nigeria with a lot of health benefits. ‘Efo’ is the Yoruba name for vegetables. Learn how to make efo riri with these 5 simple steps.
1. Palm Oil
2. Large Tatashe (Bell Peppers)
3. Habanero Peppers
5. Locust Beans (Iru)
6. Crayfish (Ground)
8. Seasoning Cube
9. Soko or any other Vegetables
10. Assorted Meats (Shaki, Ponmo, Beef)
11. Dry Fish
1. Blend peppers and Onion together.
2. Heat up palm oil, add chopped onion, blended crayfish and fry
3. Pour the blended pepper mix into the pot of oil, add locust beans, dry fish and seasoning. Leave to cook for about 5 minutes. Don’t cover the pot. Be sure to stir the contents often so that it does not burn.
4. After about 10 minutes, add Meats, Ponmo, Shaki and any other Assorted Meats of your choice. Cook for another 10 minutes.
5. Make sure the vegetable leaves are washed properly and chopped. Add to cooking pepper mix and leave for 5 minutes.