Acne can be a very annoying problem to fight. It is unsightly, painful and uncomfortable in general. Remember all those days you had a huge function coming up and you had everything planned, but then all of a sudden a huge, ugly pimple or acne popped up and ruined everything, including your mood?
And what’s worse, it never stops at just the face. Yes, it’s true, acne can even form around the body, like on the chest, the butt area, and the back region. Back acne is as horrible as facial acne, back acne is painful and embarrassing.
We have actually found acne to form even on the scalp, even the hair is sometimes not spared. Acne is caused by bacteria and excessive sebum that is produced by the pores. Acne is basically clogged up dirt and oil that gets inflamed due to bacterial action.
People with naturally oily skin types are more susceptible to getting acne. These skin types get further aggravated by use of harsh shower gels or moisturizers that have too much oil in them. However, there are a few ways in which you can deal with these painful acne by using certain home remedies. Hence, these home remedies for back acne have been listed below for your quick reference:
1.Aloe vera: The good old aloe vera gel comes to the rescue for a host of beauty problems, and back acne is no exception. Other than the cooling and soothing effect it has on the pain of the acne, it can also gradually reduce the appearance of pimples and acne
2. Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is great for treating all sorts of pimples and acne, as it regulates the pH level of the skin. Just mix one teaspoon of the vinegar into half a cup of water and use a cotton ball to apply the liquid on to the affected areas. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse. Keep doing this every day, until the acne gets completely healed.
3. Baking soda: Another amazing ingredient you can use on your face can be used on the back as well. Make a paste of baking soda and water. Apply it on to your back. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes and then wash it off. Do this regularly till it starts showing the results.
4. Lemon juice: The citric acid in lemon juice acts as a toner to get rid of the dead skin cells and tighten the pores. The bleaching properties of it also help fade away the scars. Apply lemon juice on the areas and wash it off after a few hours. Repeat this daily.
5. Sea salt: You could use a scrub made with sea salt to scrub out the excessive dead skin cells. Sea salt is known to absorb the excess oil and kill bacteria. Always use sea salt because the iodine present in table salt could actually make the condition worse.
6. Honey: Honey is a gentle exfoliant, so it removes the dead skin cells while keeping the area calm and hydrated. Apply honey on the back, just before taking a shower, and leave it on for ten to fifteen minutes and then wash it off.