Application is currently on for the NIBSS hackathon 2018.
The NIBSS “hackathon” is “an ‘invention marathon’, an event where individuals with an interest in technology attend to learn, build, and share inventions over the course of a period in a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere.
The 2018 edition of the NIBSS hackathon aims to solve current NIBSS technological challenges, innovate products, and push the limits of existing technologies implemented in the NIBSS technological space through the participation of selected individuals with prizes given out to deserving products.
NIBSS’ hackathon focuses on authentication, identification and validation of advanced fingerprints technology. This is because of the trend and global adoption of biometrics as a means of identification.
The theme for this year’s edition is “biometrics: key to the future and inclusion.”
The objective of this first edition is to develop solutions that address the following:
- Identify and implement different fingerprint authentication and validation methods.
- Payment innovation using fingerprint authentication.
- Valuable collaboration with stakeholders/partners: banks, fintechs.
Intending participants will be required to develop solutions that are: creative, viable, feasible and unique. The solutions developed must also be:
- Accurate, identification and accountability
- Easy, timesaving and safe for use
- User-friendly systems, scalable and secure
- Convenience and versatility
Target Audience: Software developers, Tech-lovers, Venture Capitalists, Investors, Banks, Fintechs.
Open to all age groups. Applicants must be resident in Nigeria.
Winner: N3, 000,000 (3 million naira)
1st runner up: N2,000,000 (2 million naira)
2nd runner up: N1,000,000 (1 million naira)
Click here to register.