It was these and many other factors that informed the decision of the then Military President, Gen. Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida in 1988 to establish The Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC). The organisation which has since served Nigerians as a lead agency in traffic and safety management is celebrating its 30th anniversary this weekend.
The 4 day event commenced on Friday 16th of February 2018 and the highlight is as follows:
16th Feb. 2018
– Visit to Kubwa General Hospital by Road Safety Officers Wives Association (ROSOWA) at 11 am.
– Juma’at Prayer at National Mosque, Abuja. 1 pm
17th Feb. 2018
– Walking and Jogging at the FRSC Head Quarter, Abuja. 6 am
– Safety Games at National Stadium, Abuja. 1 pm
18th Feb. 2018
– Church Service at Catholic Church of Assumption, Asokoro, Abuja. 10 am
19th Feb. 2018
– Grande Finale at Open House, NAF Center, Kado, Abuja. 9 am
For avoidance of doubt, the actual anniversary date is 18th of February, 2018.