The success of a relationship definitely depends upon both the partners, so does the responsibility of facing the adversities that threaten a relation. Thus, it is necessary to first chalk out what are the problems that stop a relation from culminating into marriage, and then find solutions.
Here are some tips:
- Face the problems that can beset your relationship as it grows. The sorts of problems you might face can include:
- Time – lack of
- Ego clashes
- Professional rivalry (if both of you are working in the same company or field)
- Jealousy and suspicion
- Not respecting each others individual space and identity
- Resistance from the family.
2. Care about the small things. Small things matter a lot in a relationship, and ‘care’ and ‘love’ matter a great deal. Make your beloved feel special. Saying the magical words all the time does not really prove that you care or love. It is the small things that you do in times of need that makes him/her feel that you are the one who is going to be there forever.
- Girls love security, compassion and want someone who would be able to protect them and stand up for them in need.
- On the other hand, boys want a partner who is a reflection of their self, would understand them, stand by them and care for him and the family. The love that you feel needs to be shown as this is a very crucial factor in turning a relationship into a marriage.
3. Understand each other’s individual needs and the importance of space. Don’t smother one another but show that you are able to thrive on a balance of time spent together and time spent apart.
- Maintain each other’s independence as well as being a couple.
4. Share each others’ problems. Mental compatibility plays an important role in turning an ongoing relation into a marriage.
- Know each other’s likes and dislikes.
- Keep your professional and personal lives separate.
5. Devote enough time to one another. Don’t take the message to create space to the other extreme and never have time for one another. Everything in moderation.
- Try to adjust to each other’s needs for space and togetherness.
6. Avoid being dominating.
- Respect each other’s beliefs and thoughts.
- Don’t try to change your partner according to your values.
- Respect each other’s family values.
- Maintain each other’s individual identities.