Here is the List of Executive Orders Newly Issued by the Buhari Administration
The Muhammadu Buhari Administration has issued a total of 5 Executive Orders since it assumed office.
1. Executive Order (EO1) on the Promotion of Transparency and Efficiency in the Business Environment:
It is the policy of the Federal Government to create an enabling environment for businesses and entrench measures and strategies aimed at promoting transparency and efficiency. President Muhammadu Buhari constituted the Presidential Enabling Business Environment Council (PEBEC) to coordinate the implementation of this policy.
2. Executive Order EO2 on Budgets:
All Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) shall, on or before the end May every year, prepare and submit to the Minister of Finance, and the Minister of Budget and National Planning, their schedule of revenue and expenditure estimates for the next three financial years.
3. Executive Order (EO3) on Support for Local Content in Public Procurement by the Federal Government:
All MDAs shall grant preference to local manufacturers of goods and service providers in their procurement of goods and services. Any document issued by any MDA for the solicitation of offers, bids, proposals or quotations for the supply or provision of goods and services shall expressly indicate this preference.
4. Executive Order (EO4) on the Establishment of the Voluntary Assets and Income Declaration Scheme (VAIDS):
The Constitution imposes a duty on every citizen to declare his/her income fully and honestly to appropriate and lawful agencies and pay taxes promptly. Every taxable person is under obligation to voluntarily declare his/her income from all sources within and outside Nigeria by filing annual tax returns, computing same and paying the tax due to the tax authority.
5. Executive Order (E05) on Planning and Execution of Projects, Promotion of Nigerian Content in Contracts and Science, Engineering and Technology:
This Order will drive national competitiveness, productivity and economic activities in all sectors.