Some favorite foods can delight your taste buds, if you eat too fast or consume too much of these foods, you are likely to experience occasional indigestion.
Indigestion is an abdominal discomfort, described as burning sensation, bloating or gassiness, nausea or feeling full too quickly after eating.
Instead of hurrying over to the pharmacy to get pills to control your indigestion, here are some home remedies that will bring you relief:
- Apple Cider Vinegar : Insufficient stomach acid can trigger indigestion so it is advisable to drink apple cider vinegar to increase your body’s production of stomach acid. Add one to two teaspoons of raw, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar to a cup of water and drink for fast relief.
- Lemon Water : The alkaline effect of lemon water also neutralizes stomach acid and improves digestion. Mix a tablespoon of lemon juice in hot or warm water and drink a few minutes before eating.
- Baking soda (sodium bicarbonate): Baking soda can quickly neutralize stomach acid and relieve indigestion, bloating, and gas after eating. For this remedy, add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda to 4 ounces of warm water and drink.
- Ginger: Drink a cup of ginger tea as it is a natural remedy for indigestion because it can reduce stomach acid and get rid of indigestion. Other options include sucking on ginger candy, drinking ginger ale, or making your own ginger water.
- Peppermint Tea: Peppermint is more than a breath freshener. It also has an antispasmodic effect on the body, making it a great choice for relieving stomach problems like nausea and indigestion. Drink a cup of peppermint tea after meals to quickly soothe your stomach. Peppermint sweets and candy work quite well too.