One of the most beneficial things you can do to maintain the health of your hair is to cover it at night. Whether you wrap it with a scarf or a satin bonnet, protecting your hair from your cotton bed sheets is important.
Satin is highly recommended for protecting your hair because it is very smooth, meaning your hair won’t get tangled up while sleeping.
Also, satin helps maintain hair moisture as it doesn’t soak up all the oil in the hair.
With a satin cap, your hair is healthier as you will have lesser split ends. If you sleep on a cotton pillowcase without a satin cap, chances are that you will have more split ends.
TOOLS REQUIRED FOR DIY SATIN BONNET
- Satin fabric
- Elastic band
- Wrapping Paper
- A string
- Office Pins
- Sewing Machine
STEPS TO DIY SATIN BONNET
- Fold wrapping paper in half and cut with scissors
- After cutting fold again in another half
- Measure 14 inches on each side of the paper and mark it
- Use a string to join the markings together to form a half circle
- Cut out the half circle pattern, it should give you a complete circle now
- Place the circle pattern on your satin fabric and cut out
- Cut out two pieces if you want a reversible bonnet
- Pin the pieces together
- After pinning, sew your pieces together using regular stitches on a sewing machine
- Do not close it fully so you can turn it inside out after sewing round
- After turning it inside out, Iron around the edges to smoothen it
- After ironing, go back to the sewing machine and sew around again leave some space for the elastic
- Next, insert the elastic band into the bonnet using a safety pin
- Afinsertingsert the elastic band return to your sewing machine to close up space you left open
- Once you’re done sewing up space your satin bonnet is ready.
- Check out this video tutorial for more…