Mushroom coconut rice traces it’s origin to Asia yet it is a highly nutritious meal that can be enjoyed by everyone. It is easy to prepare and the ingredients are easily accessible.
Mushrooms are a powerful source of vitamins and minerals while coconut milk helps to improve the condition of the heart by lowering blood pressure and cholesterol.
These two ingredients are essential in this recipe and here’s how you can make your own Mushroom Coconut Rice in 5 easy steps.
Try your hands on this recipe from Teleande World.
- 2 cups rice
- 100g mushroom
- 400ml coconut milk
- Onion, slices
- Pour oil into a saucepan over medium heat, add onion, stir till caramelize.
- Add mushrooms, stir and let cook for 2 minutes,
- Add rice, stir-fry for a minute, add salt and stir.
- Pour coconut milk, stir and let the rice cook for 25 minutes then add peas and cover for a minute.
- Mushroom and coconut rice ready to serve!