Engineer Ikechukwu Nnamani, has been elected the new President, Association of Telecommunication Companies of Nigeria (ATCON) 2020-2022
Engr. Nnamani emerged for the position unopposed.
He is the Founder/CEO, Medallion Communications Limited, an interconnect clearinghouse and Co-location Data service Company, and has won several national and international awards for his contribution to the growth of telecoms and ICT industry in the global information technology space.
The members of the ATCON NEC 2020-2022 are:
- Engr. Ikechukwu Nnamani – President
- Ibrahim Dikko – 1st Vice President.
- Muyiwa Ogungboye – 2nd Vice President
- Jane EgertonIdehen – National Secretary
- Dr. Myke Ofili – Financial Secretary
- Mr. Ezekiel Egboye – Treasurer
- Wole Abu – Publicity Secretary
- Mrs. Aderonke Adeyegbe – Coordinator, Consulting
- Mr. Wale Owoeye – Coordinator, Equipment Dealers
- Mr. Dapo Akanbi – Coordinator, Value Added Service
- Mr. Abayomi Adebanjo – Coordinator, Infrastructure Service Providers
- Nihinlola Fafare – Coordinator, Telephone Operators
Meanwhile, the Chairman of MTN Nigeria, Dr. Ernest Ndukwu, and the Executive Vice Chairman of 21st Century Technologies, Wale Ajisebutu were unveiled as the Patrons.
The new President, said that the new NEC will focus on three key areas:
. Strengthening the secretariat for more efficiency. “We want to ensure we have the right infrastructure, structure and manpower to drive the visions of this great Association”.
. We will also be focusing on driving increased membership. “Today, ATCON has expanded its scope of membership. Currently, we have eight membership categories, delving into Fintechs, etc. So, it is not just enough to have members and organise events. However, we want to ensure that from advocacy standpoint and relationship building, we should be able to enhance the benefits deliverable to each member”, he said.
. Financial sustainability of the Association. “Two years ago we launched Financial Sustainability Committee which I chaired. The impact is what is shown today during our AGM and members are happy about it.
“All these are focused on ensuring subscribers get best quality of service at a cheaper rate. That is the goal of ATCON. We will keep working with regulators and partners”, Nnamani said.