The Panama Papers leak is the unprecedented leak of a whopping 11.5 million files from the database of the world’s fourth biggest offshore law firm, Mossack Fonseca.
The law firm had helped clients to register offshore entities, some of which are then used to launder money, evade tax and dodge sanctions.
The people caught in this scandal are not necessarily all treasury thieves and looters; some are businessmen merely fulfilling the capitalist cliché of cheating the system by avoiding taxes.
Here’s a list of Nigerians named in the leak so far:
- Senate President Bukola Saraki
- Ex Senate President David Mark
- Former Delta State Governor James Ibori
- Former Defence Minister Gen. Yakubu Danjuma
- Aliko Dangote
- Mrs. Toyin Saraki
- Mr. Laolu Saraki
- Mr. Obi Asika
- Mr. Olufela Ibidapo
- Sayyu Dantata (a relative of Dangote)
One CommentLeave a Reply
Na wah o! Rogues just full everywhere!!