Cakes are a lovely snack that’s always by everyone but when it comes to flavour, preference gets involved. The weekend is here and you need to make some snacks for the family.
There are several flavours and ingredient that can be used when baking a cake. Have you tried orange coconut cupcake? We bet you haven’t.
For this weekend, you can try the orange coconut cupcake. The recipe is provided in this post. Take a look!
1 tablespoon of finely grated orange
¼ cup orange juice
¼ cup minced coconut
¾ cup sugar
1 cup of flour(depends on the quantity to be made)
1 tablespoon of baking powder
25g of melted butter
2 tablespoon of orange juice
2cups of icing sugar
2 tablespoon of finely grated orange rind
¼ cup of finely chopped coconut
- Preheat oven to 180C. Place orange rind and juice in a bowl with coconut and stir together.
- Soften butter in a bowl, add sugar and beat together until pale and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Sift flour and baking powder over egg mixture and stir gently along with orange and coconut.
- Spoon mixture into 12 paper case-lined muffin pans.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cakes spring back when lightly touched. Turn cakes out onto a cake rack to cool.
- Mix butter, orange juice and icing sugar together to make a firm icing. Ice the cooled cakes with the icing, and then sprinkle with chopped pistachios and finely grated orange rind.
Watch video below for clearer direction